Southern Idaho Direct Seed Workshop Slated for March 11 in Idaho Falls
The Southern Idaho Direct Seed Workshop will be hosted by the Idaho Wheat Commission (IWC), on Wednesday, March 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Shiloh Inn Conference Center in Idaho Falls (780 Lindsay Blvd).
The Workshop will include up to date information on variety and fertility considerations, equipment information and grower experiences in local direct seed systems.
2015 Workshop Highlights
• Direct Seed 101—Grower Panel
Clark Hamilton-Bonneville County, Ken Campbell- Power County, “Genesee” Joe Anderson-Latah County
• High Residue Farming In Irrigated Cropping Systems
Guest Speaker: Dr. Andy McGuire, Washington State University Extension
• Alfalfa to No-Till Corn: A Cropping Rotation We Can Learn From & Glyphosate Usage
Guest Speaker: Dr. Earl Creech, Utah State University Extension
• Soil Moisture, Nutrients, and Weeds in No-Till Cropping Systems
Guest Speaker: Dr. Olga Walsh, University of Idaho Extension
• Why Understand Wireworms at a Fundamental Level?
Guest Speaker: Dr. Arash Rashed, University of Idaho Extension
There is a $10.00 registration fee to help cover refreshment and lunch expenses.
To register: Call the IWC at (208) 334.2353 or contact Tereasa Waterman firstname.lastname@example.org